Cristofor Vladu & Associates has a veritable mastery in handling all types of dispute resolution cases, from the simplest to the most complex ones. Our dispute resolution clients are ranging from foreign investors, local & international companies to individuals.
International dispute resolution. Arbitration:
- Alternative dispute resolution methods, such as negotiation, mediation, conciliation;
- Domestic and international commercial arbitration, either ad-hoc or institutional (from filing the statement of claim to the issuance of final award and potential challenges);
- Recognizing and enforcing the foreign courts’ decisions in Romania, as well as recognizing and enforcing in any state of European Union the decisions issued by the Romanian courts of law.
- Assisting and representing in shareholding, management and other corporate disputes, either through amicable settlements, arbitration or litigation.
- Domestic & international legal proceedings and amicable settlement / mediation;
- Divorce, parental authority, child access, matrimonial regimes (prenuptial agreements, partition of assets), filiation, adoption, international child abduction;
- Assistance in protecting children from the harmful effects of their wrongful removal or retention and to establish procedures to ensure their prompt return to the state of their habitual residence, as well as to secure protection for rights of access and custody;
- Assistance in recognition and enforcement of judgments in matrimonial matters and matters of parental responsibility.
- Assistance in tort matters: emotional, economic, or reputational injuries, violations of privacy, property, or constitutional rights, malpractice, accidents, work-related accidents, criminal offences etc.
- Assistance and representation in extrajudicial procedures, in order to avoid criminal implications or convictions;
- Preparing and concluding transactions based on amicable settlement of civil damages claims within criminal law procedures;
- Representation and assistance in criminal investigations or criminal court trials, in front of all courts of law;
- Legal consultancy on the prevention of white-collar crimes, including anti-money laundering investigations, corporate due-diligence, assessment of tax plans etc.;
- Assistance and representation of Clients involved in white collar crimes such as bankruptcy fraud, money laundering, tax evasion, embezzlement, bribery, mortgage broker fraud, identity theft.
- Leading real estate players – assisted with the most challenging litigations involving local and international construction and real estate laws;
- Major Romanian rent-a-car company – assistance with commercial and labor litigations;
- Renowned US hospitality company – assisted in a complex claim related to the recovery of a large debt from foreign partners;
- Foreign recycling companies – assisted with a wide of range of claims, underlying important commercial matters of different degrees of complexity;
Wide range of international companies – assisted with major claims related to their business in Romania, ranging from all possible fields, of which F&B trade, recycling, mechanical devices, energetic and naval engineering, safety, events organization, warehouses, architecture and design, furniture producers, agriculture & plants trade, farming machines etc.